We have looked at some of the top gun safes like Browning and liberty safes. However, If you are out and need to carry your asset with you. You maybe in the market for a quality gun holster. With this article and all our gun holster reviews, we strive to bring you the information you need to make and informed decision.
Gun holsters have gained popularity among police officers, military officers and private citizens like yourself. As always please ensure you have a permit and are license to carry your firearm. Ok so lets jump right into it.
Purpose: Deciding On Your Use Case for A Gun Holsters
- Tactical and duty gun holsters are for service member.
- Sports holsters for hunting purposes.
- Concealment holsters are for private individuals and private investigators.
Choosing Gun Holsters By Intended Body Part To Use
These gun holsters are available in various configurations and designs. They allow firearms to be carried by people in the most convenient and safest ways. Holsters are designed for concealment and tactical situations.
- Inside the Waistband (IWB) holsters allow you to conceal the gun inside your pant’s waistband. IWB types can be worn at the small of your back, but is not recommended for your safety. If you were to fall on it, you might injure yourself severely. On the other hand, Outside the Waistband (OWB) is also available. It is attached to a belt just outside your waistband, allowing for quick gun access all the time.
- Shoulder holsters are some of the most popular for police officers and military officers, as they can allow quick access. However, it is not the best if you want to conceal your weapon as you will need a jacket for additional coverage.
- Drop leg holsters or thigh holsters are great choices, especially for people using their guns for tactical operations. However, you cannot conceal your weapon easily using a drop leg holster. In addition, these holsters can easily be snagged by obstacles.
- Built-in holsters in bags, satchels, purses or messenger bags are great picks for women. They can provide concealment but not quick access. It can be useful if your getup does not allow concealment though.
- Ankle holsters are good for tactical operations and can work best if you use another gun for back up.
- Pocket holsters are made to hold a small pistol and much similar to the shape of a wallet.
Selecting Gun Holsters By Material
1. Synthetic or Nylon
These are very affordable and one could spend only as little as $10 for one (not recommended). Usually, nylon holsters are mass-produced and come with general sizes, too. Nylon holsters feature extra attachment straps or methods, design and color. They are usually water and weather resistant and easy to maintain.
It is thermoplastic sheet, which makes a rigid outer framework for the holster. Kydex holsters are affordable but not as cheap as a nylon holster. Depending on the brand and the features. Expect to pay around $25+. Most of them come with a mechanical lock, lightweight and moisture-resistant.
If you have the money to spend for a high quality holsters, then leather can be a good options. Most Prices depend on brand and you should consider features such as fit and leather type . Some leather gun holsters can be custom made to include more detail. Expect to pay over $40 for a quality leather holster.
Our Top Picks By Brand
BlackHawk has more than five decades of business experience and offers gun bags, pouches and holsters as well as boots, which are commonly chosen by the law enforcement and military people.
BlackHawk is preferred by the pros when given the chance. One good model is the HellStorm Series, which includes belts and pouches made from tough materials like Cordura.
Galco offers some of the best leather holsters that are commonly chosen by shooting enthusiasts for it artisan-ship and design. Galco sells belt holsters, concealment holsters and shoulder holsters.
This company is dedicated in creating some of the finest gun holster that are dependable. If you are in the market for a superior product this may be the holster for you.
Tacon is another great choice for anyone looking for a quality holster. This handgun holster is designed to be worn inside the waistband.
The high quality saddle leather retains its shape when the pistol is removed. It has a Combat Grip, Double-stitching for durability and molded for a secure fit.
These are only a few of the best gun holster brands out in the market today. You can refer to this list when researching about a holster that suits your needs, whether you are a man, a woman or just about any individual who has a permit to carry a firearm and wants to take his or her gun when on the go.
What To Consider (Beyond The Price)
- Where you want to use the gun holster
Having a quality holster is a must for any gun owner. Consider the factors that are most important to you before you make a decision. We hope this information helps make that decision clearer.
Thanks for visiting www.bestgunsafereview.com, if you liked this article please use our social buttons to give us the thumbs up.